Monday, March 17, 2014

I completely feel like shit now.

Last night, as part of my complete breakdown, I sent a cryptic "I'm Sorry" tweet to one of my friends on twitter. This guy is like an internet brother almost, we talk daily and shit. And I just did that, then left him hanging for an hour, even after he asked if I was alright.

I told myself I would never do that. No matter how bad my issues got, I wouldn't make them someone else's issues. This guy has never met me. We talk constantly, but in real world terms, I'm probably a nobody to him. And here, at 3 AM his time, I DM him and throw all this shit onto him.

He was understandably confused, and I'm sure shaken up by it. I mean, to have someone you don't know very well just be like "Hey, killing myself now" (in not such blunt language) must be a horrible thing. I really care about him, he's essentially the only friend I have left in my life. I can't believe I did that shit to him. He didn't ask for that, he didn't deserve that.

I have no idea why I did it. Maybe it was me attempting to cry for help, reaching out to one of the few people I thought I could go to? Maybe I just needed to get it out and tell someone? All I know is it was a horrible thing to do and I shouldn't have. I just wasn't thinking clearly at the time. That isn't a good excuse though.

I haven't heard from him since, and I really hope I didn't ruin one of the good only things I had left in my life.

I'm sorry Matt.

3 comments:

  1. hope you* feel better Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy shit, someone read this.

      Anyway, that night was a low point, I haven't felt that terrible since. I have my days, but nothing nearly as bad.

      It ends up that the whole thing was pretty much a non-issue for him. He was okay with it, as far as I can tell. I guess he sorta just got what was going on.
      I'm still sorta beating myself up for doing it though. It was stupid and selfish.

      Delete
  2. yeah man, life sucks for everybody at some point. Just set some long distance goals and push yourself towards them. That's what keeps me going. Shit's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete