Monday, July 26, 2010

The Devil Went Down to Queens, He was looking for a Marriage to Steal.

Spidey Retcon A Go-Go: O.M.I.T.
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

I have made it very clear, on many occasions, that I hate One More Day. Hate it. It threw out years of development and had Peter Parker act completely out of character, making a deal with (Marvel's Facsimile of) the Devil to save his 800 year old aunt. He sacrificed in this deal his loving, supportive wife, MJ, to save a woman that has been on death's door for 20 years. Hell, Aunt May 'died' once about 20 years ago and Peter grieved and moved on fine then. Oh but I forgot, this was all mandated (and written) by the Editor-in-Chief because he hated the marriage. But I digress...

When Joe Quesadilla first pushed that turd out of the bowels of the Marvel offices, he refused to explain anything. Is the Marriage all that changed? How is Harry alive then? What did MJ whisper to Mephisto? How did things play out if Peter & MJ didn't get married? Quesada chalked it all up to "It's Magic. I don't have to explain it." Now, 3 years later, apparently Joe Q. has answers. I assume he just had no idea back then, and used that as a place holder while he spent 3 years to think of an explanation for his fuck up.

This month kicked off the four part 'One Moment In Time' (Or O.M.I.T. because the Spidey books love acronyms lately) which tells the story of the milestone wedding issue, Amazing Spider Man: Annual #21 again, only this time after being bent over and reamed by Joephisto. You see, this time, Peter and Mary Jane are still getting married until fate (or in this case some fat ass, but I'll get to that later) intervenes.

Part One: ASM# 638

(More to Come)

No comments:

Post a Comment