Friday, May 21, 2010

Taking care of business and working overtime

Well, yesterday was an interesting day.

I work in an office with 2 other people (well, and the bosses). They both have one day a week off. I work a full, 5 day week. I also work the late shift, begining around noon.
Anyway, one of the people I work with is pregnant and very near her due date. She called me yesterday at 7:30 AM and said that she couldn't make it in. It also happened to be the other person's day off. The thing is, that person said they will not give up their day off when the other is on maternaty leave. (Whatever, she has her reasons, not a big deal. I'm not that upset about it.) The bosses said they would cover on the one day a week that person is off.
...The problem is my bosses don't do the day to day work and don't come into the office that often, meaning they have no idea how to do the work they are covering.
Long story short, I worked from 8 AM to 8PM yesterday. I ran the entire office and did most of the work myself.
I am so happy it's friday. Yesterday sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment