Friday, March 12, 2010

Work sucks, I know.

I'm sitting at work right now, but really I'd rather be writting something.

My bosses have decided to switch computer programs, which in my field is pretty much the nervous system of our business. Everything we do depends on our program and how well we can use it.

So I am put in charge of this new program and the training that comes along with it. This thing is cumbersome and slow as hell. Work I used to be able to get done in 30 seconds, now takes five mintues. To top it off, this program is giving me ill-advised advice on the data I am entering, automattically changing what I enter to what it thinks it should be, and even transmitting information that I never entered in.

We brought this up with my boss yesterday, and he admitted that this program was probably not the way to go, but he told us to deal with it. It came off almost as he is doing this to spite our previous computer programmer, who he has yet to even tell he is letting go.

This thing is so bad that I got to the point last night that I almost flew into an ADAMANTIUM RAGE! Okay, not really, but I got so pissed that I went home afterwords wanting to work on my script, but in that mood I just couldn't write comedy.

...I just don't know what to do. This sucks. Thank God it's friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment